It is essential to know how to choose appealing college application essay topics in order to be enrolled in your dream college. After your last year of high school, you encounter a very special period of your life – you have to decide what college to apply and what you want to study over the next few years. The process of a college application can be rather tough and challenging on the whole but it has its peculiar feature – it always involves the process of writing a college application essay. The core aim of a common application essay is to provide the college admission committee with convincing information why you should be enrolled on a specific studying program. As such, you need to make the essay both professional and personalized in order to help the college admission committee learn more about you.
When starting to write a college application essay, make sure you choose the most appealing topic among the list of college application essay topics. Even though it may seem to you that all college application essays are the same, they actually differ since they may focus on different perspectives of your personality. Therefore, come up with a college essay topic that will help you reflect on your personality in the best way and convince the college application committee that you are worth being accepted for a specific college department. If you want to learn how to come up with good college application essay topics, read on the following information.
Top 7 Creative College Essay Topics Prompts
- Prompt #1: Tell your story.
Answer this prompt by telling about your hobby, asset of your personality, or life event that had a profound effect on you. What admissions officers value is the feeling of being connected to you and your honesty. Your passion for superheroes, family history, or other eye-catching facts about your life is perfectly okay if they testify to you as a person. Do not resort to enumerating your achievements at high school, but opt for something that the admissions officers will not find out while reading the rest of your application.
- Prompt #2: Learning from overcoming hassles.
Your main task is to present yourself in the best light. Thus, simply stating the time when you struggled may not suffice. Surmounting challenges and hardships are indicative of your perseverance, strong will, and audacity. For this reason, writing about the obstacles, which you overcame, may help you to score some points with commission officers. Mind that simple telling about your experience of dealing with obstacles is not enough. You should display the lessons that you drew from this experience and how it changed your life.
- Prompt #3: Challenging a belief.
This prompt may be useful if you have relevant experience of dealing with a situation when your preconceived view was challenged.
- Prompt #4: Solving a problem.
This type of college essay idea helps admissions officers to understand how you think in perplexing situations. Present a situation or dilemma and show how it can be solved. The admissions committee wants to see how you think under such hard circumstances and your ability to wrestle with a formidable situation. Share your experience of dealing with this situation and how you took it in stride. Remember that you need to explain the importance of this problem to you.
- Prompt #5: Personal growth.
When dealing with such college essay ideas, describe the event or achievement that contributed to who you are now. Additionally, explain what lessons you derived and the impact of this experience on your personal life. Colleges want to see mature student who is able to reflect on personal experience. Thus, you need to highlight your transformations and personal growth.
- Prompt #6: What interests you?
This prompt may trigger your imagination by allowing you to write about something you feel strongly about. Colleges want to see curious students who take great interest in the world around them. In your college application essay, you need to share your interests and explain how you pursue them.
- Prompt #7: Topic of your choice.
This question may come especially handy if you have a good personal essay from the English class or were strongly affected by a question from another college application. You can even come up with your own question. Whatever topic you opt for, the main ingredients remain the same: 1) Demonstrate to the admissions committee your skills and aptitudes apart from grades and test scores 2) Immerse yourself into a topic by asking yourself how and why.
What our customers say
Your support agent answered all my questions and I ordered my paper without problems. Today I received a well-written paper.
You helped me a lot! I received an excellent research paper from your writer!
My paper is perfect! I got A+ with your help! Thank you!
Thank you for an appealing piece of writing. Additionally, I am grateful for a good abstract. It was stunning!
Great job! I’m satisfied that all my requirements were taken into account! As far as I’ve got a high mark for my home assignment, I can boldly suggest papers-land.com.
The quality of my research paper was just perfect and the company met a deadline. So if you are still in doubt whether to order a paper at this writing service or not, I can recommend you take a right decision and to make an order!
I’m grateful to this service because my essay was considered by my teacher as the best one among others. I’ll definitely apply to this company again.
The biggest challenge I always face is to write briefly. So that I didn't find a better solution than just to make an order at papers-land.com. That was a right decision because the company completed the task splendidly!
More Good Topics to Write about for College Application Essay
Here you fill find some ideas for college application essays that you may focus on:
- Describe a person whom you truly admire. Here you may choose any person. It does not matter whether this person is a celebrity or not. What matters is the way you justify your choice. Make sure you focus on specific qualities or factors that have changed your behavior or that have altered your outlook on life.
- Why have you chosen this specific college? Choose someone who has actually caused you to change your behavior or your worldview, and write about how this person influenced you. Here avoid generalized answers but be as clear and precise as possible. Provide specific examples of what opportunities you may acquire from getting enrolled into this specific college.
- Write about the book you love or the book that has changed your world perception. Here do not organize your essay as a book report but provide specific details in what ways do you find the book is meaningful to you. Also, pinpoint to how you identify with the book.
- What is the most significant or meaningful extracurricular activity that has proved to be meaningful to you. Make sure you identify in what ways it has benefited you, what new perspectives it has opened for you, and how it forced you to grow or develop new skills, etc.
We will complete your academic tasks to make your student life happy.
Get professional assistance from the best writer.